Ballet Co.Laboratory Audition
Ballet Co.Laboratory is looking for versatile and accomplished classically trained male and female dancers with partnering and pointe experience for our 2022/23 performance season. In addition to paid dance contracts, Company members are paid to develop arts administration skills in efforts to develop the whole dancer.
Position and contract details:
- 34-week contract beginning Fall 2022
- Paid Apprentice and Company Artist positions for 2022/2023 season
- Health & wellness perks [PT, massage, personal training, nutrition, etc.]
- Collaborative Company coaching and creating with professional Rehearsal Assistants
- Classical & contemporary work
- Story ballets with original narratives
- New studios with natural light, shower, gender neutral restrooms & staff lounge
- Artist driven organization
- Artists work on administrative team of BCL under secondary administrative, paid contract
- Development of arts administrative skills with Managing Director and Artistic Director
- Seeking artists who are collaborative, creative, eager to learn, willing to grow on the job administratively, and interested in all aspects of an arts administration
- classical ballet training
- partnering and pointe experience
- Cover Letter
- Audition Video. Audition video must be under 5 minutes in length and include:
- Class work (at least two exercises in center)
- Classical variation or performance clip
- Contemporary variation or performance clip
15 March 2022
April (exact date to be individually confirmed)
Email a cover letter, resume/CV, and audition video to: Zoé Henrot, Artistic Director
Artistic Director will take up to three weeks to review your application materials.
Applicants who move forward in the audition process will then receive an Artist Questionnaire to complete via Google Forms in preparation for an interview with the Artistic Director. Interviews will be 20-30 minutes in length and conducted over Zoom.
Applicant may be asked to join Company class virtually as a second live audition.
Applications will either receive a letter of intent from Artistic Director with intentions of extending a contract to Applicant or an email informing Applicant that no contract will be extended by April 15, 2022.
Pending this letter of intent, an official contract officially extended before or by May 15, 2022.
No info. Please note however that current Covid-19 restrictions and barrier measures might be applied.
Click HERE to find more companies that are still accepting applications
Do you see error / incorrect / outdated information on the page? Let us know!