Elephants in the Black Box Junior Ballet Audition
Dancing in the young ballet company means experiencing life within a company. This fourth and final year of training at the Conservatoire is the culmination of a course of study in both contemporary and classical dance and enables young dancers to mobilise the knowledge they have acquired to embark on the adventure of creation and repertoire, with established choreographers and young talents on the choreographic scene.
The Junior Ballet is a structure for accompanying dancers to facilitate their professional engagement in the world of dance.
The days start at 9.30 am as a professional company. Every day there are classical & contemporary technique classes, workshops and rehearsals.
Unlike other junior ballet companies in Europe, at EBB you have to audition at the beginning of the year.
The junior ballet européen nouvelle aquitaine in collaboration with the conservatoire de France Pau Béarn allows our dancers to pass their official degree. DEC diploma of the French ministry of culture.
EBB has chosen the amazing and attractive city of Pau to enable and facilitate a new model more adapted and convenient for everyone.
Constant collaboration with renowned choreographers, together with exchanges abroad with organizations similar to ours, are regularly organized.
EBB Madrid and EBB France are closely linked . All internships, exchanges and performances are regularly organized by both.
The EBB JUNIOR is a pre-professional company led by our teachers and choreographers team. It is a center for artistic creation that also gathers contacts with the directors of international companies and which meets the requirements of our current dance sector.
Each year, many of these young dancers are offered professional contracts with major companies and well known international choreographers.
Over the years, the EBB has acquired an international reputation.
All workshops are included in the price of the training, in order to facilitate your artistic development.
Dury is the artistic leader of ELEPHANT IN THE BLACK BOX since its foundation. Dury has an infinite desire to create, the need to convey his artistic vision to the world and the responsibility to attend to the international demand of programmers and directors. His hallmarks of choreographic identity are elegance and artistic quality in his performance and a special sensitivity in the themes he approaches as creator. This identity is the reflection of his artistic and professional career. Dury has danced for the best known international companies such as the Paris Opera Ballet, the Ballets de Monte Carlo, Compañía Nacional de Danza en Madrid and as a guest at Les Grands Ballets de Montreal.
Your daily teaching team:
- Jean Philippe Dury / Director EBB, Paris Opera ballet
- Cathy Royo / EBB Ballet Mistress, international dancer
- Craig Dawson / EBB Ballet Master, Former dancer and assistant to Preljocaj
- Patricia Borges / Head of the diploma of choreographic studies in contemporary dance
- Anne Saudrie / contemporary dance teacher DEC
- Nathalie Michaud / head of the DEC Classical pole
- Stephanie Palaprat / classical dance
EBB season 2022/2023
The list of our guest choreographers could sometime varies according to the schedule, but our collaborators are at least 18 each year. All workshops are included in the price of your study programme
- Marco Goecke (Director and choreographer Hannover Ballet) Répertoire EBB ( Nichts)
- Ishan Rustem (NDT)
- Sofia Nappi (Batsheva)
- Mario Schroder ( directeur Ballet Leipzig) assistant / Urania lobo
- Macarena González / Goyo Montero (Nuremberg ballet)
- Jill Crovisier (Luxembourg) Guest. choreographer
- Fabien Roques, Paris Opéra Ballet
- Anton Valdbauer, Rusia. Royal Swedish Ballet, NDT1.
- Ana Novak, England. Wayne Mc Gregor´s assistant.
- Jorge García Pérez, Spain. Ballet Basel, Director and Choreographer of Carta Blanca Dance.
- Caroline Boussard, Batsheva ensemble GAGA teacher
- Lucas Andrea Tessarini, Italy. International Choreographer, NDT1.
- Benjamin Lamarche & Claude Brumachon, Director CCN FRANCE
- Dana Raz, international choreographer, Kibbutz dance company (Israel)
- Boris Charmatz
- Marie- Pierre Genovese, France. Choreographer and company artist in Instinct, France.
- Sharon Fridman, Israel. Director and Choreographer in Sharon Fridman Company, Madrid.
- Nathanael Marie, France. Pontus Lidberg´s assistant.
- Giovani Di Palma, Italy. International Choreographer, Marco Goechke´s assistant.
- Stefana Silvino, EBB Warsaw
- Wody Santana, Brasil. Ex- soloist in Ballet of Saint Paulo
- Piot Nardelli, Béjart Ballet Lausanne
- Dor Mamalia, Batsheva
- Charlotte Chapellier, HET NATIONAL BALLET
- A very strong classical and contemporary foundation
- Public audition on 22 June 2022 or send an email to: email@example.com to get more information
21st June 2022
22nd June 2022
Public audition on 22 June 2022 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No info. Please note however that current Covid-19 restrictions and barrier measures might be applied.
Click HERE to find more companies that are still accepting applications
We gather the information about the auditions from various online sources and from our ‘Submit your Ballet Audition’ Formular. While we do our best to double check the accuracy of information, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and do not accept any responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccurate information. We always recommend checking the ‘Original Source’ information or contact the Theatre / Audition Organizer for more specific information.
Do you see error / incorrect / outdated information on the page? Let us know!