Opéra Grand Avignon Ballet Audition
Opera Grand Avignon (Director: Frédéric Roels), recruits for its permanent ballet, under the direction of Emilio Calcagno, 1 Male and 1 Female dancer. Position to be filled on September 1, 2022.
Dancers sought: professional dancer with a solid technical level (classical and contemporary), good improvisation skills and openness to different styles and choreographic scripts. Great learning speed and sharp sense of the group.
Audition will take place in Avignon
Monday, June 27, 2022, 10 a.m. – Women
Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 10 a.m. – Men
The Opera Grand Avignon Ballet is made up of twelve full-time dancers. You will perform on the stages of the Opera and on tour, for dance performances, and in participation in opera performances, as well as mediation activities. Classically trained, the Ballet is open to different choreographic writings, from neoclassical to contemporary.
From the 2021/22 season Emilio Calcagno is the Dance Director.
- solid technical level (classical and contemporary)
- good improvisation skills
- openness to different styles and choreographies
- great learning speed
- good team work skills
For international applicants:
- Fluency in French recommended
- Residence permit authorizing the full-time work required on joining the company, valid for the entire duration of the contract (for non-Schengen nationals)
- cover letter
- full body photo
- recent dance video
The video must show:
- max 2 minutes of improvisation for the boys
- max 4 minutes contemporary improvisation + improvisation on pointe for girls
18 June 2022
27 – 28 June 2022
Please send CV, cover letter, full-length photo, recent dance video to be sent by email to: email@example.com, no later than June 18, 2022
Audition program for pre-selected candidates:
June 27 Women Audition – First round:
– 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. Classical class on pointe with the ballet mistress
– 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. Contemporary class with the guest choreographer member of the jury
– 3pm-6pm Lab with the dance director
At the end of the day, the jury will communicate the candidates admitted to the second round
June 28 Audition Men and Women selected:
– 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Classical class with the ballet mistress
– 11.30am-1pm Contemporary class with the guest choreographer member of the jury
– 2 p.m.-5 p.m. Lab with the dance director
At the end of the audition, the jury will announce the candidates selected for the final interview which will take place the same day, at the end of the audition. The audition will take place at the Ateliers de l’Opéra, 250 Route de Rémouleurs – Courtine (10 minutes on foot from the Avignon TGV station)
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
No info. Please note however that current Covid-19 restrictions and barrier measures might be applied.
Click HERE to find more companies that are still accepting applications
We gather the information about the auditions from various online sources and from our ‘Submit your Ballet Audition’ Formular. While we do our best to double check the accuracy of information, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and do not accept any responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccurate information. We always recommend checking the ‘Original Source’ information or contact the Theatre / Audition Organizer for more specific information.
Do you see error / incorrect / outdated information on the page? Let us know!