Scapino Ballet Rotterdam Audition
Applications for an invitation to audition with Scapino Ballet Rotterdam are now open. Please submit your application before October 20, 2023 to audition for season 2024 – 2025.
Scapino Ballet Rotterdam is an international recognized contemporary dance company dedicated to multidisciplinary productions, based in the vibrant city of Rotterdam. Each season the company collaborates with upcoming as well as internationally recognized choreographers and artists from around the world. With our dynamic repertoire of world premieres for theaters, special locations and film, we present (inter)national co-productions, collaborations with live music, couture, digital art and science, touring extensively through the Netherlands and Europe.
Scapino Ballet Rotterdam is headed for exciting times as artistic director Ed Wubbe waves off after 30 years and Nanine Linning takes over artistic leadership in October 2024.
We are seeking daring and passionate dance artists (M/V/X) with excellent technique (classical and contemporary) and a strong creative signature. We are interested in working with highly skilled dancers with a refined artistry, improvisational playfulness and curiosity in a wide range of art.
Scapino values a collaborative environment with artists from diverse backgrounds, placing creativity, innovation, research and talent development as its core. We strive for a workforce that reflects society. Our doors and vacancies are emphatically open to all. We believe that a multitude of perspectives contributes to curiosity, creativity and social awareness.
Selected candidates will be provided with more detailed information on November 20. Only selected applicants will be asked to join the auditions on December 16 & 17, 2023 or January 20 & 21, 2024 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
All selected candidates are asked to be available on both days.
A selection moment might already take place at the end of the first audition day.
Not all audition candidates will be invited to continue the audition on the second day.
- excellent technique (classical and contemporary)
- strong creative signature
- Audition date preference
- CV must include and be saved as PDF:
- Personal details: name, date of birth, nationality, pronouns, height
- Contact details: email, phone number, address
- A headshot: recent and recognizable picture of your face in a close-up (no dance pictures)
- A video of max 5 minutes including: excerpts of contrasting contemporary repertoire and 1 minute of uninterrupted improvisation that displays contrasting phrasing, dynamics, and use of space.
- Use YouTube or Vimeo only to upload your video. Do not password protect the video
- Do not edit the music in your video. We’d prefer to view your excerpts with the original music / score
- In your video you must be clearly and completely visible
- NO promotional / commercial trailers
20 October 2023
16-17 December 2023
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add your preference for the December or January audition to your application.
No info. Please note however that current Covid-19 restrictions and barrier measures might be applied
Click HERE to find more companies that are still accepting applications
We gather the information about the auditions from various online sources and from our ‘Submit your Ballet Audition’ Formular. While we do our best to double check the accuracy of information, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and do not accept any responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccurate information. We always recommend checking the ‘Original Source’ information or contact the Theatre / Audition Organizer for more specific information.
Do you see error / incorrect / outdated information on the page? Let us know!