Singapore Ballet Audition
Step into the spotlight with an internationally acclaimed dance company known for its brilliance in classical, neo-classical, and contemporary repertoire! We’re now accepting applications for male dancers at apprentice and entry-level artist positions.
Embrace the opportunity to showcase your talent and let your journey with Singapore Ballet begin! Successful candidates will commence their journey with us in January 2024
Submissions should be directed to “Janek Schergen, Artistic Director” using the International Audition Pre-Selection Guidelines found on our website: https://singaporeballet.org/careers/
- Strong classical and contemporary technique
- a video with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight fitting dance attire for men:
- a short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- a short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- 3-5 minutes of barre work, incorporating both sides, danced in soft shoes by male applicants and pointe shoes by female applicants
- 3-5 minutes of centre work that includes adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- head shot
- 2-3 dance photos that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
An applicant is required to submit the required material only via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No info. Please note however that current Covid-19 restrictions and barrier measures might be applied
Click HERE to find more companies that are still accepting applications
We gather the information about the auditions from various online sources and from our ‘Submit your Ballet Audition’ Formular. While we do our best to double check the accuracy of information, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and do not accept any responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccurate information. We always recommend checking the ‘Original Source’ information or contact the Theatre / Audition Organizer for more specific information.
Do you see error / incorrect / outdated information on the page? Let us know!